Friday, August 8, 2014

Red and White Lighthouse, Oil on 16 x 20 stretched canvas


They say painters have “Painters block” just like writers have “Writers block”. I can swear to it because I’ve been blocked since late last year. Just didn’t see anything I’d like to sit down and put my impression of it on canvas. So recently Lois and I took another of our driving trips, this time to Colorado for a very nice party amply populated with many wonderful old friends (you know who you are). After we left Colorado we ventured south to Santa Fe, NM and its many art galleries. We toured some, but nothing really stuck out as impressive. A few days later we were in Laguna Beach, CA at its annual art show. While there I got the chance to talk to many artists, painters, sculptors, ceramists and Etc., some of which who had suffered the same problem of “Painters block as I had. All of a sudden I felt motivated and upon returning home I started planning a new painting. To make a long story short I finished it this morning and decided to put it on FB and my blog and hope for some feedback.. I already have another painting planned so will be busy with it for the next couple of weeks. I guess I just need a mental kick in the “you know what”… So here it is…

Russ 

russells.studio@pacbell.net
or just leave a comment on this site !

No comments: