Sunday, July 22, 2012

Country and Western Singer / Songwriter Wayne Longton - Oil on 11 x 14 Canvas Panel



Not for Sale

Wayne Longton – Country and Western Singer / Songwriter – Wayne passed away in late April of 2012 and his widow, Wendy asked me if I would paint her a portrait of him with his usual smile, this is what I came up with. Wayne was a personal friend for decades, from the time we both were about seven years old and attended the same rural grade school in northern Minnesota. I and my wife Lois visited Wayne and Wendy at their home in Iowa in August of 2011 and had a wonderful time reminiscing. I’ll miss him… Your comments are welcome.

email
russells.studio@pacbell.net
.

2 comments:

Larry Dean Inman said...

That's Wayne Longton, country and western singer and writer....and that says it all....great job....Larry Dean, country and western singer w/The Stranger Creek Band

Russ Baker said...

Thanks Larry, for your comments and its always nice to hear from Wayne's other friends